Thursday, March 8, 2007

1000 Journalists Killed in the last 10 years...

...that is according to a report given by the NY TIMES. One thousand men and women dedicated to reporting the news from the front lines of War. Dedicated to the cause. Dedicated to being that one great reporter. My father was a journalist and reported first on many stories. He was a Marine in the Korean War long years before he became a journalist. I feel for the families of those lost. I pray for the soldiers fighting for our country and hope they can come back home soon.

3 comments:

Dorothy Cady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dorothy Cady said...

Sorry. Deleted my first post. I'm having a little trouble with my keyboard. Some keys stick.

My husband served in Vietnam. When he returned home, he was subjected to the rudeness of the American people for whom he fought. I have a strong, positive feeling the military, and great respect for the men and women that protect our country and serve the cause of freedom. Their families sacrifice as well, and I have respect for them too. You have my respect and admiration.

RD said...

Please give your husband my personal debt of gratitude for his service to our great country.

I am of that generation that behaved so embarrassingly during that time.
If i could apologize for the actions of others... i would. Unfortunately those same people who treated Vietnam veterans as criminals are now in control of the government and leftwing blogs.
-red