Thursday, March 15, 2007

California wants to ban smoking in one city...for now.



And, I am ALL for it! I would love to see the medical stats in 20 years. In 20 years will we see a dramatic drop in the number of lung cancer cases? Will the 20 year permanent resident be lung disease free in the year 2027? I would like to think so. Will the residents move? Will the commuter smoke more on the job? Get in those last few drags before crossing the city line? I hope that more cities/states follow suit and ban smoking for everyone's sake. Let's ban smoking and make this planet a cleaner place to breathe. I could care less if this offends a smoker. It irritates me to no end to see smokers in their car, lighting up, with children in the backseat. If you don't care about yourself, think about your kids' health! Your child is many times MORE likely to be diagnosed with lung cancer as an adult that a child with non smoking parents. My father died 4 months after being diagnosed with lung cancer. You don't to need to witness the death process of this disease to know how monsterous it is. If you have and you still smoke, well, that makes you an idiot. Ohhh, too hard to quit?? BALONEY! My dad smoked for several years. He quit smoking 12 yrs before his diagnosis. His Dr. said had he quit LONG before that, he may not have been diagnosed with it at all. So, NOW is the time to stop smoking. www.lungcancer.org has all the info you need. Check it out.

3 comments:

BaBbLiNg_BrOoKe said...

I could not agree more with your post and I applaud the city for taking those type of steps. my grandfather had a heart attach at 42 years old and it was directly related to the 3 packs per day he was smoking. He is healthy now. I can't imagine how hard itmust have been to lose a parent let alone to know that the death could have been prevented had there not been smoking involved.

RD said...

Hate to bust your bubble, but according to environmental genius algore, global warming will have killed us all long before 2027.

In order to reduce cancer among non smokers caused by smoke, you would need to eliminate all fireplaces, all forest fires, all volcanic activity, all airtraffic, all the trucks, buses and cars, 90% of all the electric power plants (coal fired)... then what are you going to do with all of the disaster that follows?
Cancer from cigarettes will be the least of your worries.

I knew a person who's grandfather smoked for over 50 years and died choking on an asparagus. Another vegetable related death.

All of you people that support banning smoking better support banning unhealthy eating, skydiving, rock climbing, motorsports and everything else that could result in injury or death.
-red

Cat said...

Well, Red, although I apreciate your comment, my father did not die from a bus, a car or roasting marshmallows in his fireplace..he died of lung cancer after smoking for many years. Sorry to burst YOUR bubble.